Thursday, November 12, 2020

The Last Post

 Dear Readers: This is the last post for this blog. Over the past weeks I have worked hard to use the new format mandated by the Google blog people and tried to make it work for a literary blog but no go. I have tried out many many ideas and suggestions but all were complicated, time consuming and close to useless. Google has closed the comments (complaints) about their new format and no longer takes questions. 

Many strange formatting decisions make it impossible to post longish posts such as essays, book reviews and short stories. One can no longer post submissions that come in as a word document. They will only arrive as a picture.  Trying to turn the "picture"into readable prose is a nightmare. Formatting glitches abound. Double spaced text turns to single spaced text with no way to correct the problem.

I never did envision this blog as only a notice board for local events. I always wanted to publish people's stories, poems, photos, and essays. 

Enough. I had fun with this blog and hope some day to start another. Many thanks to readers all over the world who have followed the events in Thunder Bay. Special apology to Jackie D'Acre who sent in a last submission, a nifty essay about God. I tried and tried to get it into the new format but short of retyping it myself, I could not post it into the blog as a readable document. Many thanks to the poets and writers who have graced these pages. Good luck to you all. 

Eventually, I may still find a way out of the formatting maze but for now, I am folding. 

Joan M. Baril


No comments:

Post a Comment