Saturday, March 13, 2010

Reading, Northern Women's Bookstore

Many many thanks to all who came out on Friday night to hear me read a few of my stories. It was a great crowd and a lot of fun. I loved wearing my Suffragette costume (what a show off eh?). However, at the end of the evening my high-laced boots were killing me. The women in 1910 must have had mighty strong feet.

Many thanks to Margaret and the Northern Women's Bookstore gang for the great idea, the set-up, the tea and goodies. Also to Fiona Karlstead who introduced me. Also my old high school buddy Rita who gives me such encouragment. (Maggie I wish you were here too). And all the Kam gang who drove so far plus Graham and Kirsen who came in from the farthest reaches of S. Gillies.

This was also a personal first. The first time in my life I have been in a good book store and not bought a book. I'll have to remedy that toute suite.

No comments:

Post a Comment