Saturday, September 18, 2010

Culture Days Here We Come!!


Ghost stories.  I think Thunder Bay is awash.  I'll be reading some I have collected (and experienced) at the Waverley Library on Saturday September 25 at 1 pm.   And if you know a local ghost story, e mail me at jbaril@tbaytel.net.  We'll include it in the mix.  Or come to the story telling with a story of your own.

My latest ghost story concerns the local NHL hockey player, the late great Lorne Chabot.  The story was told to me by a local resident who, at night, hears...  Well to find out, you'll have to drop in for the story telling session. Then there is the house on Van Norman Street where, a hundred years ago,  a murder took place and one night, when I was sleeping in my bedroom (which was the murder room)....  And since I own my own cemetery - see picture above - I love these local stories.

Once again I am going to indulge my love of the theatrical by appearing in costume - not as a ghost, I hasten to say. Should be a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment