Launch of The Lighkeeper's Daughters

Launch of The Lighkeeper's Daughters
by Jean Pendziwol

Elvis the Mountie Dog Steals the Show at the Book Signing

Elvis the Mountie Dog Steals the Show at the Book Signing
Elvis, Joan M. Baril, customer poet Rob Lem

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Culture Days Here We Come!!


Ghost stories.  I think Thunder Bay is awash.  I'll be reading some I have collected (and experienced) at the Waverley Library on Saturday September 25 at 1 pm.   And if you know a local ghost story, e mail me at jbaril@tbaytel.net.  We'll include it in the mix.  Or come to the story telling with a story of your own.

My latest ghost story concerns the local NHL hockey player, the late great Lorne Chabot.  The story was told to me by a local resident who, at night, hears...  Well to find out, you'll have to drop in for the story telling session. Then there is the house on Van Norman Street where, a hundred years ago,  a murder took place and one night, when I was sleeping in my bedroom (which was the murder room)....  And since I own my own cemetery - see picture above - I love these local stories.

Once again I am going to indulge my love of the theatrical by appearing in costume - not as a ghost, I hasten to say. Should be a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment