Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Heather McLeod writes us about her First Book.

Hi Joan,

My book Kiss Me! (I'm a Prince) illustrated by Brooke Kerrigan is being launched Saturday November 27 4-5 pm at Chapters here in Thunder Bay.

I'm waiting on press release and posters from the publisher, but wanted to let you know all about it so you can help spread the word. It is being published by Fitzhenry & Whiteside.

This is my first book - I am very excited.

A frog tells a girl "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a prince". Instead she asks him, "but what would happen then?" and, after hearing all about his royal life decides she'd rather have a talking frog. By tale's end he's discovered how to be a boy, and not just a prince, and the two are fast friends who ponder anew: better to be a prince or a talking frog? Brooke's illustrations are lovely and lyrical, I am so honoured to have her artwork add thousands of words to my own.

The launch will feature a treasure hunt and crafts for all ages as well as a dramatic reading of the book, and of course I'd be happy to sign copies and such. Mostly I hope many of all ages come and join the wee party.

Best wishes

Heather McLeod

No comments:

Post a Comment