Thursday, August 18, 2011

Three years later, Nino Ricci gets a first comment.

(from Ricci's web site at ninoricci.com.  PS His bio on Trudeau is great)
Almost three years after Nino Ricci’s novel The Origin of Species was first published, its webpage has finally garnered its first reader comment.

“I am at a point in this book where I am not sure I want to finish reading it,” wrote Linda Anderson Stewart, going on to describe the book as “one of the most depressing ” she had read in a long time.
Ricci was ecstatic when the comment showed up on his website dashboard.

“Never mind the Governor General’s Award, never mind the Order of Canada. As far as I’m concerned, this is what counts. Contact. Bridging the digital divide.”

Ricci says he hopes Ms. Anderson Stewart’s comment will spur other readers to post their opinions of his novel.

“I am no Polly Anna,” Ms. Anderson Stewart ended her post, “but I don’t find any of these characters worth reading about, other than to confirm all my worst opinions of human nature.”

No comments:

Post a Comment