Saturday, July 13, 2013

Amazon goes e-graphic

I like Graphic novels, always have. I am especially fond of Canadians Chester Brown and Guy  Delisle. Delisle  has travelled the world with his wife who worked for Doctors Without Borders. While he followed his cartoonist career he also looked after his young toddler and tried to create a stable home for the child in unstable places. His books on North Korea, China, Jerusalem, and Burma give a look at every day life.


 A friend lent me the generously illustrated Habibi by Craig Thompson, whose dramatic and sad story contrasts with the beautiful Arabic-style art work.

But now Amazon steps in announcing the start of Jet City Comics, a new imprint devoted to comics and graphic novels. The comics will be available digitally on the Kindle and will also have print editions sold on amazon.com and at other comic book retailers.

First up is “Symposium,” by Christian Cameron and illustrated by Dmitry Bondarenko. It is part of the “The Foreworld Saga.” A group of Medieval mystics and warriors who must turn back a Mongol invasion. Sound fine to me.


I am not sure if all illustrations will show up well on the Kindle but I am certain they will on a tablet such as I-pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment