Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I've Got My Ticket

From Calico's today for a measly 15 bucks, a ticket to "Stories about Storytellers" a one-man show by Douglas Gibson.  The ticket says "From editor and publisher turned author and performer. 

I was encouraged to buy this ticket by Dorothy Colby who wrote. "Dear Joan,  Last summer Douglas Gibson had Stories about Storytellers Book Club. I  wish I had known about it. I wish I hadn’t missed it.

These were five Canadian works of fiction discussed:
 Alice Munro’s The Progress of Love,
Mavis Gallant’s Home Truths,

Hugh MacLennan’s The Watch That Ends the Night,
  Robertson Davies’ What’s Bred in the Bone, and
Alistair MacLeod’s No Great Mischief.

 All of these authors Gibson wrote about in his book.
Meet the man – save the date – Friday, October 25, at the Valhalla.
Tickets on sale; Calico Coffee House, Northern Woman's Book Store,
nowwwrters.org or from me, Dorothy Colby 344-8538








No comments:

Post a Comment