Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Superb Children's Book

Well known Thunder Bay writer, Bonnie Ferrante, has produced a winning book for children.

When I was a child, I believed I could communicate with trees. In some part of my being, I still believe it.  When the huge apple tree next door was cut down, my mother and I both cried. I felt I was being ripped apart. 

In this delightful children's book, a little girl loves a wild apple tree. "When the leaves tickled her fingers and the branches swayed softly, she knew the tree loved her back." As the girl ages into a woman and then into a crone, the tree shapes her life.  A review: There is beauty in the simplicity of its telling, and the communication between the woman and the tree is hauntingly believable. Only 12 pages with lovely illustrations, this book will appeal to any girl in your life. Available at Amazon or directly from the author, at  b.ferrante@tbaytel.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment