Friday, December 20, 2013

The Year's Favourite Photos

 
Why do I take so many pictures of my garden? I am not sure. Une belle souvenir to tide me over  during these long winter days. I limited myself to only one garden photo in this collection which mainly deals with literary moments. Over the year I talked to so many wonderful writers and happily, got a photo of many of them.  Photos are memories. They pinpoint a moment in one's life. Here are a few pics taken during  2013, that remain with me.
 
 
 John Pringle at the launch of his book Truth Ratio
 Doug Livingstone, at launch of his poetry book
 Stacey Voss, of Split Tree Publishing with a great cook book, recipes from local chefs.

 On the radio with writer and broadcaster Debbie Metzler aka The Book Girl
 Reading my story from the pulpit in Toronto at launch of Women Writing 4 issue Canadian Woman Studies

 Karen Autio launch
 Reading at Pages, in Calgary. Story in Everything is So Political
Joan Clark and me at Piper's Frith in Newfoundland

A walk beside Lake Superior with historian Jean Morrison
Isabel Huggan with her memoir Belonging. At a down town pub in St. John's
 Collette Maitland author of Keeping the Peace
 Kayaks at Dog Lake
The old Sunshine Cemetery, all brushed out.
Lisa Moore autographing my copy of Caught, June 2013 at the launch in St. John's
 
 
Margaret Cunningham (in yellow jacket) at the launch of her Thunder Bay memoir and surrounded by old friends.
 
 

Martagon Lilies, August 2013
 
Brian Spare author of The Hunt for Moby Dick
 

 
Poet Rona Shaffran launches her book Ignite.

No comments:

Post a Comment