Thursday, June 19, 2014

Appliance Night

Once I had a wringer washing machine. It lived in the basement and claimed every morning of my life, such as it was at the time. Now Northern Women's Bookstore salutes appliances.  I was chained to the wringer washer but I knew it was better than the wash tub and scrub board. Still, my gratitude was luke, luke, warm. 
Join us Mon. June 30, 2014
Stories and poems about appliances and other electrical, mechanical or digital machines. 
Bring your own stories or poems to share! (10 min. max).
The evening kicks off with the RedShoes Writing Group
--Samantha Najarro, Michele Proulx, Katja Maki & Taina Maki Chahal-- 
reading their stories about washing machines.

All stories, poems, songs or rants about women and machines welcome!

At the Northern Women's Bookstore, 65 S. Court Street, Thunder Bay.  7 pm or would you rather be ironing?


No comments:

Post a Comment