Wednesday, August 19, 2015

More reading readers' recommendations


David Belrose says: Check out Wake the Stone Man by Carol McDougall. Carol used to live in Thunder Bay and the novel has its roots in Northwestern Ontario. A powerful story that explores the impact of residential schools and racism, the novel brings back many memories of Kaministiquia in the "70's. Carol now lives in Nova Scotia where the novel won a Beacon Award for Social Justice in Literature.


Norma McCracken says: Yes. Finally found a great book. The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan.

Marion Agnew: I know I am late to the party(and this is a UK writer) but I recommend Clay and At Hawthorn Time, both by Melissa Harrison. (I bought them from the big online giant store too. Sigh.) I wrote more about them here. http://www.marionagnew.com/2015/08/more-reading-clay-and-at-hawthorn-time.html.

Yvonne Rezek: And the Birds Rained Down by Jocelyne Saucier. I think it was on Canada Reads. Set in the bush of North Western Ontario. Loving it.

Kerrie Atkinson The Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny. Only half way through.



No comments:

Post a Comment