Monday, October 12, 2020

 Not Dead Yet


For the past month or so I have been working and cursing, unable to post a Word doc on this blog.  This is crucial because submissions (poetry, fiction etc) come to me via Word and I paste them into the blog.  When I write my own posts, I use Word with its many sophisticated features. I am a bit dyslexic but I can often catch my mistakes by checking my document with the talk feature.

For some reason, the blogger Brains decided on a new format, a bloggy make-over, and voila! Word docs only come into the blog as pictures. (I know this sounds crazy but there you are.) This is the world of computers; but I wish those computer Brains who keep changing things would get out more.

Finally, after many complaints from Bloggers, the Brains decided to delete their outraged comments and end the discussion. 

I will not bore you with all the ways I tried to unpicture the picture and turn it into readable text. I also tried myriad ways of saving my Word document  only to be defeated. 

So now I have found  a way. I write my posts in Mail and paste them into the blog. Double Voila!! There are other solutions out there and I will try them all. But Literary Thunder Bay is not dead. Yet.  

Please email me your stories, poems, essays and memoir pieces. Put your submission in the body of the e mail and send to jbaril@tbaytel.net. Tell me about your Covid reading. I love to hear from people of all ages - kids included. 

Joan M. Baril

No comments:

Post a Comment