Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Foreclosure, by Jacqueline D'Acre

Please note: The title of the  book Foreclosure was changed to Hot Blooded Murder in 2018.


Jackie D'Acre's wonderful new mystery novel, Foreclosure, is out. The Thunder Bay launch preparations are on! Stay tuned here for place, date and time. The first chapter will be posted exclusive to this blog. Look for it on Saturday.

Here Jackie D'Acre speaks about her work

I love mysteries. Nevertheless, I was writing mainstream literary fiction and already had one book, Between Extremities, published.

I was wrestling with the dynamics of deeply disturbed characters in a novel I call Middle Class Poverty when a wild thought flashed through my mind: Wouldn’t it be fun to write a mystery—about deeply disturbed characters? Next I wondered: Could I? Mysteries have to be carefully plotted, just enough clues given so a reader can figure out whodunit, but not so many they figure out too soon and hence, spoil the book…could I pull this off?

I knew horses from my years as a breeder and horse commentator; I knew my locale of New Orleans and surrounds, then Bryn Wiley started to form in my head. An amateur detective different from others on the book racks: a writer, a horsewoman, not aggressive, even fearful, but willing to face her fears and challenge physically and emotionally dangerous people…. I gave her red hair, a black poodle, a black horse, a tiny farm and sent to her Lila’s Creole Diner where all the horse people in my fictional St. Tremaine Parish meet.

I started writing…and now you can hold this book in your hand. I hope you enjoy reading it as much I as I did writing it. Thank you! Jacqueline “Jackie” D’Acre.

No comments:

Post a Comment