Saturday, February 12, 2011

Samples of Core Samples

Five of Thunder Bay's premier poets have a major  book in the works which should be out this year.  Keep an eye out for Core Samples.  The poets,Sherri Lankinen, Sue Blott, Mary Frost, Sharon Irvine and Cathy Carroll, who call themselves the Para-Tactics, have created a stunning  collection straight from the true north.

The Stony Path by Sue Blott

In thin-soled shoes, I walk the stony path
beside train tracks stretching east and west,
alone with my dog and my thoughts.

A hooded figure
slumps in the baseball bleachers.

Does he notice the antics of our walk?
My dog’s leash tangles around my ankles,
I pirouette to prevent a fall.

The young man
stares stoically ahead.

I trust the sun, warm on his face,
to convince him
to give another day a chance.

Thunder Bay Poet, Sue Blott

No comments:

Post a Comment