Launch of The Lighkeeper's Daughters

Launch of The Lighkeeper's Daughters
by Jean Pendziwol

Elvis the Mountie Dog Steals the Show at the Book Signing

Elvis the Mountie Dog Steals the Show at the Book Signing
Elvis, Joan M. Baril, customer poet Rob Lem

Friday, May 13, 2016

A Writers Retreat Here? You bet!!!

Dear Joan, This seems like a good time to introduce myself. 

I currently live in Calgary and write mystery-thriller novels & children's books under a different pen name. My connection to the area is that I grew up in Atikokan and that area is where my heart remains. I have lived in BC and Alberta, where I retired from a career in policing in 2011.

 Things have come full-circle with my recent purchase of lakefront property near Atikokan. With the help of a Thunder Bay librarian friend and her contractor husband, we're working on it this summer to turn it into a small writer's retreat where I hope to live year round. 

The footings for the sauna/writer solarium are in and the structure should take a few weeks. We hope to get the guest cabins built this summer so we can try our first retreat next year.    

I am so looking forward to getting reconnected to the area.

Makenzi Fisk

No comments:

Post a Comment