Saturday, January 15, 2011

Rodney Brown off to Japan

Hi Joan, Here's some quick info just for you!


I've had fans in Japan since the release of my first album Freedom in Me. We've kept in touch over the years especially some one who has become my pen pal and email buddy Yutaka. He and his friends have all my CD's and really enjoy my new work.

Yutaka has been suggesting I come over for a tour for the last few years. He has been trying to set up a tour but it's been tough now with the bad state of the Japanese economy. He will be taking a week holidays to drive me around for the tour! He says "Tokyo, Nagoya, Kyoto, Munakata(our home town), and Nagasaki are the cities that we are going to visit."

He and his friends have offered me a guarantee that will pay the trip and the shows will be house concerts to keep the costs down. Such a great way to tour and meet people. Over the years I've sold hundreds of CD's in Japan mostly to this group of folks interested in Canadian music...I was in the top ten of annual sales [#3] in a music store called Tambourine in Fukuaka [sp]. Anyways we have decided to go ahead and i'm really exited about it! April 29-May 6 2011!

Good Luck Rodney. 

No comments:

Post a Comment